1 package of dry yeast
1 cup warm water (110°)
1 tsp honey
3 1/4 cups whole wheat flour (and more for kneading) (or half whole wheat half all -purpose)
1 tsp olive oil (plus 1 tsp for the bowl)
1 tsp fine sea salt
½ tsp chopped rosemary
- in medium sized bowl, mix the water with yeast. Let set for about 10 minutes.
- when mixture is foamy and light brown, add oil, salt and rosemary and stir in 1 cup of flour.
- gradually add the rest of the flour until you create sticky mass. (if too dry a little more water, or it too sticky add a little more flours.)
- turn on to a floured surface and knead until smooth.
- now pour a little oil in the bottom of a clean medium sized bowl.
- place dough ball in the oil and roll it around to coat completely.
- then place dough in bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. (keep in warm spot)
- let dough rise for about 3/4 hour or until doubled in size.
- then punch down dough and then shape into 4-6 or 8 small pizzas. (16 pizzette)
- pre bake, for 3-4 minutes, then top with ingredients.
if not using right away, place in plastic bags and keep in coldest part of refrigerator for up to 4 hours or freeze. (then remove from freezer, thaw for 2 about hours. Best when soft, but still cold.